Peripheral Neuropathy in Johnson City
Do you suffer from peripheral neuropathy in Johnson City? Our team at Advanced Care Chiropractic and Rehab utilizes a unique combination of up to 7 separate treatments, each of which on there own have shown success in clinical trials treating the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. By combining these innovative treatments into a personalized treatment regime we can maximize your potential for successful treatment.
Our treatment regimes consist of some or all of the below treatments, depending on what is most applicable to your condition and exam findings.
Treatment Options for Peripheral Neuropathy in Johnson City TN
- Low-Level Laser Therapy: Using sophisticated medical lasers to areas of neurological compromise stimulates nerves to improve their transmission and promotes healing, reduces inflammation, and improves blood flow. This should not be confused with infrared therapy, which is performed with less powerful devices and produce a superficial penetration only.
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: Using specialized equipment to direct small pulsed electromagnetic waves through affected areas increases blood flow through damaged blood vessels.
- Bemer Vascular Therapy: A unique addition to pulsed electromagnetic field therapy where a special type of blood vessel affecting signal is delivered with the PEMF field. This signal is currently being studied by NASA to be added to space suits to assist in microcirculation.
- Advanced Nerve Stimulator: Using an advanced electrical stimulation device, nerve pathways are repeatedly activated and deactivated. This procedure can be thought of as 'exercising' the nerve. Just as muscles get more efficient by exercises (I.e. usage), nerve pathways can be facilitated by repeated transmissions on them.
- Combination Nutraceuticals: Clinical trials have shown some supplements to have beneficial effects on peripheral neuropathy. Many prescription medications also cause nutrient depletions. By undertaking a comprehensive review of your current medications, other health conditions, and current neuropathy progression we can tailor a personalized supplement protocol to help your neuropathy and assist healing when combined with our other treatments.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: In a review of treatments for neuropathic pain, The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association states "manipulative treatment should be offered to all patients with neuropathic or other chronic pain syndromes as primary or adjunctive therapy."
- Individualized Exercises: Each individual patient is unique in his or her neuropathic symptoms and physical state. Often specialized exercises will be beneficial when added to the above treatments. After an exam our doctors can determine which ones may be helpful for you.
If you are serious about getting relief for your peripheral neuropathy symptoms, it's time for you to give us a call at Advanced Care Chiropractic and Rehab to schedule an appointment.
|Monday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
Advanced Care Chiropractic and Rehab
3043 Boones Creek Road #107
Johnson City, TN 37615